MediaTracks is currently hiring a Sales and Licensing Manager to spearhead the identification, evaluation, and execution of music licensing sales and partnership opportunities. In this role, you will be responsible for driving various business development and partnership initiatives, to build MediaTracks’ presence in the TV, film, advertising, and new media industry.
Location: UK / Remote
Reporting to the Creative Director
What you'll do at MediaTracks:
- Collaborate with the MediaTracks (MT) Team to identify new business opportunities, relationships, and partnerships that expand MT licensing presence in the TV, film, advertising, and new media industry.
- Manage existing MT clients while actively seeking out new growth opportunities.
- Conduct research and outreach to secure new business within the TV, film, advertising, and new media sectors.
- Coordinate with the MT creative team to ensure clients' and prospects' music needs are met.
- Implement proactive marketing outreach by creating playlists and sharing new release announcements.
- Attend in-person networking events, client meetings, virtual events, and virtual meetings on a regular basis.
- Achieve or surpass quarterly revenue expectations.
- Collaborate with other members of the MT Team to develop effective pitch strategies.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure timely payment collection.
- Utilize our existing CRM system to manage and track projects efficiently.
What we're looking for in a Sales and Licensing Manager at MediaTracks Music:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development and/or music licensing within a label, publisher, music licensing agency, or production music library.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully establishing and executing deals and partnerships in the TV, film, advertising, and/or new media industry, from initial research to hands-on deal closing.
- In-depth understanding of various music licensing partnership models and extensive knowledge of the music licensing ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Domestic and International collection societies and their relevance to Sync Licensing
- Resourcefulness in achieving success while effectively prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong passion for music and the media industry.
- Proficiency in creating basic decks using PowerPoint or Canva is a valuable asset.
- Outgoing and sociable individual who enjoys meeting new people, networking, and attending events.
- Possesses a kind, open-minded, and friendly demeanour.
As a Sales and Licensing Manager at MediaTracks, your role may involve:
- Identifying and engaging with various companies operating in the TV, film, advertising, and new media sectors to explore valuable commercial relationships and partnerships with MT.
- Maintaining and nurturing relationships with partners and clients through regular and reasonable communication via email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Determining pricing and negotiating licensing rates and deal structures for library usage, as well as creating custom music solutions for clients.
- Utilizing Hubspot and other reporting and presentation tools to provide updates and reports to the MT Team.
- Planning and organizing regular trips to meet with current and potential clients in secondary markets, both in formal and informal settings.
- Representing MediaTracks in meetings and conferences across the broader TV, film, advertising, and new media industry, expanding your network of trusted partners and contacts.
What are the benefits for you?
- The chance to collaborate with exceptionally talented artists worldwide.
- Opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.
- A competitive salary, subject to annual review (£35-£40k per annum, based on experience).
- Potential for discretionary bonuses.
- To work for a business which is proud to champion underrepresented artists.
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements.
- Full-time position, with consideration for a 4-day work week for suitable candidates who value flexibility.
- 20 days of annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
3 month trial
MT Diversity and Inclusion
At MediaTracks, we’re committed to developing an inclusive community that welcomes individuals from all backgrounds. For our music to connect with the world, it needs to reflect the world, and developing diversity is a key priority for us as a business. This commitment feeds through into everything we do, from the composers and artists we work with to the way we curate and market our music and so much more. When recruiting the MediaTracks team, commitment to inclusivity is a key consideration to ensure that we have the right people in place to take this mission forward.
We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of your email, kindly include "Sales and Licensing Manager - Application". Feel free to include any examples of Syncs you have successfully procured and negotiated.
For further information about the role, we encourage you to contact William Saunders, the Creative Director, for an informal discussion – email@example.com
Application deadline – 3rd July at 12noon
Interviews will take place at Tileyard Studios, London – Friday 14th July
If selected for an interview, candidates will receive a fictional music brief and will be tasked with searching the MT catalogue to choose 10 tracks that best align with the creative requirements of the brief. Subsequently, candidates will be expected to explain their decision-making process, including the search terms they employed and the steps taken to identify the most suitable tracks for the given brief.